Born in Athens in 1971. For 15 years he worked as a journalist for the radio, television and numerous magazines etc. He studied painting under Michalis Manoussakis at the Athens School of Fine Arts (2007-2009). In 2009 he studied at the School of Visual and Applied Arts, at the Faculty of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki under Xenis Sahinis and Manolis Yannadakis. At 2011 he attended The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Wroclaw, Poland during the LLP-Erasmus Program. He has already made ten solo exhibitions. The most important were at the Museum of Paper at Duszniski Zdrόj in Poland and at the Brut Museum, Halle Saint Pierre, in Paris. He has participated in numerous international exhibitions. He has been awarded twice about his engraving and his work is in private collections in Greece and abroad. From 2014, he writes for Greek press about art exhibitions in Paris. His engravings have been used in books publishers: Diatton, Mandragoras, Politropon, Kedros, Bartsoulianos. At 2015 in Paris, theaters: Eurydice, Zérο and Cristal, used his engravings for the promotion of their performances (posters, flyers, programs). He is member of Art Chamber and Printmakers association of Greece. He lives and works in Paris and Athens.
- 2017 Engraving exhibition “Poetics Incidents”, Zoumboulakis Gallery, Athens, Greece
- 2016 Engraving exhibition “Diner Romantique”, Gallery De L΄Angle, Paris, France
- 2015 Engraving exhibition “The Revenge of Little Red Riding Hood”, Halle Saint Pierre, Paris
- 2013 Engraving exhibition “Trojan Horse”, Horos Technis “24”, Athens
- 2012 Museum of Paper. Duszniki Zdrόj, Poland
- 2011 Critisism-Overthrow-Deformation, Engraving exhibition, Art Space 24, Athens
- 2010 Painting-engraving, Center of Engraving "Ilios", municipality of Neapoli, Thessaloniki
- 2009 Landscapes of Serifos, Serifos High school
- 2006 All is truth, Painting and constructions, Peritechnon Gallery, Athens, (curated by Olga Daniiliopoulou)
- 1999 Sculptural exhibition with wire, Aigokeros Gallery, Athens
Group Exhibitions (selection)
- 2017 12th Athens Animfest, International Festival Animation, Greece
- 2016 3rd International Print Festival, Cultural center of municipality of Athens “Melina Merkouri”
- 2016 1st European Arts & Mental Health Festival Nefele, Mpouzianis Museum, Athens, Greece
- 2016 Day of the Dead, Engraving Association, Paris, France
- 2015 Art Athina: Speaking on ‘The engraving in Greece’
- 2014 Kodra Fresh 2014, Thessaloniki
- 2014 Αpparatus: Ideal Systems, Kalos & Klio Showroom, Thessaloniki
- 2013 JU QI CUP–1st International Print and Ex Libris EXPO in Shanghai, China
- 2013 1st Festival Comics-sketch . Municipality of Kalamaria, Thessaloniki
- 2012 ΧVI Biennale of Student Graphic Art. Belgrade, Serdia
- 2012 12 New Artist, from “Avgi” political newspaper. Cultural Center of Municipality of Athens "Melina"
- 2012 Transform 2012, Exhibition of the Faculties and Academies of art of the capitals of the Balkan States. Thessaloniki
- 2012 2nd International Print Festival. Cultural center of the municipality of Athens “Melina Merkouri”
- 2012 Blue Rider, Gallery of the Synagogue, Nis, Serbia
- 2012 1st International Exhibition of Contemporary Miniprint at Lauderhill Arts Center, Florida, U.S.A.
- 2012 1st Biennale Greeks Students Engravers, Crete, Greece
- 2011 Art-Athina, International Contemporary Art Fair of Athens, Participation with Peritechnon Gallery
- 2011 First International Printmaking Triennial, Beligrade
- 2010 Untitled, Peritechnon Gallery, Athens
- 2010 Student week, Aristoteleio University of Thessalonica, Kodra military camp, Thassaloniki
- 2010 Human measures, “Melina” Cultural Center, Municipality of Athens
- 2010 Celebration Art 2010, Electroniki Art Gallery.
- 2009 Resist, National Greek committee of Unicef, Municipality of Athens, Technopolis, Gazi
- 2009 Notes for a tree, “Melina” Cultural Center, Municipality of Athens
- 2009 De natura 4- Art Aquatique, Artower Athina
- 2009 Why cinema now, Exhibition of the students of the Thessaloniki Fine Arts School, 50th Thessaloniki Film festival, Cultural center of Thessaloniki, Educational Foundation of the National Greek Bank
A couple of words for my projects and topics
Moments of everyday life from my personal point of view. Heat, cold, suffocation, dust, anxiety, agony, tears, wing then calm, dirty clothes, erode, guilt, sweat.
Worn from time and friction, empty thoughts.
All these heavy on our heads. Big weight, the pressure is intolerable which translates in a nervous laugh, so nervous or even ecstatic, the pressure of the typing press can be identified in my work.
Laughter to a point of tears, with purification in mind, can be turned in to crying, but what is the difference? All and nothing, together and apart, it’s the same! Or not? I apologize for troubling you, but look at my work anyway. However, is there any reason for explaining ones work? I just limit your imagination this way. Forget the titles, apply your own- they are only there for identification purpose.
- Email: email@example.com